WTF Fun Fact – Broken Leg Meant Death

In the first two years of WWI, a broken leg meant an 80% chance of dying. Then the Thomas splint was introduced and reduced the rate of mortality down to 20%. WTF Fun Facts

Source: https://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk/thomas-splint/

Advertisements

Leave a Comment